You are here
Registration Is Open
Registration is open for the 2019 World Conference of the Professional Speechwriters Association.
The program relentlessly challenges leadership communication professionals to renew their approach and challenge assumptions—some of them 2,000 years old—in order to contend with a public discourse that has turned yesterday's rhetorical best practices into tomorrow's borderline bromides. Oct. 21-23, at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
(Early bird deadline is June 30, and PSA members get 25% off.)
At the world’s premier conference on speechwriting and executive communication, people from inside and outside the profession will show you:
- How scene-making is the new storytelling, and how to pull it off in speeches the way the most powerful preachers do it in sermons.
- Why women’s speeches are the ones going viral, and what all speakers and speechwriters can learn from it.
- Why the effectiveness of leadership communication can be quantified, and why “the boss liked it” will never again be the measure of a good speech.
- How executive communication fits into the modern corporate communication strategy—according to chief communication officers and VPs.
- New purposes for this modern moment: How to use speeches to provoke, data visualization to illuminate, social media to amplify—and old-fashioned oral communication to heal our divided society one audience at a time.
Update your approach, rejuvenate your spirit and build your network during three thrilling days of professional and personal exchanges with the only other people in the world who understand your work—in a convivial gathering led by the best leadership communication professionals from around the globe.
Hosted by the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University, sponsored by Gotham Ghostwriters, convened by the PSA and emceed by Vital Speeches of the Day editor and publisher David Murray, the annual World Conference is the place where speechwriters and executive communication professionals meet to exchange ideas, solve problems and build relationships.
This year, speechwriters will gather to get better.
Do not miss out on a conference that sells out every year. Register right away to secure your seat, and take advantage of the generous June 30 early bird discount.